Get Your Estate Plan in Order: Some of the decisions that you will be required to make during this difficult and highly charged emotional time can have permanent repercussions for your life going forward. Here are some steps to take:
- Discuss the issue of death openly with your family.
- Make yourself aware of the inheritance laws in your state.
- If you find that you will need to hire an attorney, choose one that is qualified in estate, probate and tax planning who is highly rated by his or her peers.
- Prepare for the consultation with your attorney.
- Make sure your beneficiary assignments are current and accurate.
Be aware! Catastrophe can happen in an instant. Take care of yourself…your family…and what you have! Get a home inventory today. Contact me today via phone at 925-206-0103 or by email email@example.com to schedule your home inventory today.